Breaking News on the 18th World Press Cycling Championsips / WPCC / Mondial de Presse 2017 in the Black Forest (September 28th – October 1st 2017)
1) Press conference last week Friday in Bad Dürrheim for the regional media was a big success. A social and touristic work program was also presented.
2) Newly look: Team sprint on Saturday the 30th of September (1.000 meters) for teams of each three riders (editorial or country). Mixteams men + women are possible. No age limit.
3) Due to the RiderMan, which runs at the same time to the WPCC, it is advisable to book early suitable overnight accommodation. Ask for special rates for press / participants of the WPCC.
4) First registrations have already been received.
5) The organizer Sauser GmbH brings a maximum of cycling experience (18 years of RiderMan (2.000 participants from 25 countries) + stage of the Germany Tour + GP BLack Forest + German Championships (2001) + Stage funbike race during the Tour de Suisse + candidate for the UCI Cycling World Championship (2004) etc., etc.
6) Sportshistory: Bad Dürrheim is home of Dominic Weinstein, UCI-World Champion (2011 – junior / track) + the region is home of the UCI-World Champion Heinz Müller (1952 – pro / road racing).
7) This year, the region celebrates the 200th birthday of the bicycle > draisine / vélocipède by the famous inventor Karl Freiherr von Drais (Karlsruhe (*1785 / + 1851).
8) This year’s championship / WPCC in the beautiful city of Bad Dürrheim and the world famous Black Forest is a premiere. Never before has a WPCC been held in Germany.
Fore more informations + registrations: de.wpcc2017.de/