From: Francisco Martinez (TuttoSport/Deporpress)
Conclusion: The continuous hard work by the Volta’s press department to resolve whatever problem came up is worth mentioning
- Website: Well-constructed but slow when trying to work with it.
- Press releases: regular, informative, and well-constructed. A good service.
- Sign posting: very good, both for the press car-parks and press rooms
- Working conditions at the start: Great. No problem reaching team vehicles and all close by.
- Working conditions at the finish. Equally good, and close to the press room.
- Press room: very good working conditions, comfortable even if the stage finish was in an area of difficult access or in a small village.
- Distance press room to the finish: always less than one kilometer
- Internet: very good, particularly bearing in mind we were in areas a long way from anywhere!
- Results: Fast and with doubts easily resolved.
- Press conferences: straightforward thanks to the race press officer’s hard work, normally in a pavilion right next to the finish. Even in the trickiest of situations, a considerable effort was made for this to take place.
- General: this year, like all years, a mixture of international and local press was present. The Volta’s press department worked well with the young, and non-professional journalists also present.
- The continuous hard work by the Volta’s press department to resolve whatever problem came up is worth mentioning. Despite the economic recession the Volta continues to survive although it is true that it is a situation which creates certain problems finding stage starts and finishes. But in general, the route, participation and working conditions are very good.