From: Raymond Kerckhoffs (De Telegraaf)
Conclusion: Pressroom was too noisy with a party directly next to it. Location of pressroom is fantastic.
- Information available on the website: Amstel Gold Race’s website is a very modern but for information you can better search on other newssites.
- Accreditation: The accreditation system works without any problem. Information about the accreditation request status is available within a short timeframe.
- Signposting to the Accreditation Centre: You can park right next to the permanence at Maastricht City Hall. The permanence is easy to find: you have just to follow the arrows. PPO easy to find too and good indicated.
- Working conditions at the start: During the teampresentation there was no mixed zone for the written press. This is something which have to be created next year. It was near the podium not possible to talk with the riders.
- Working conditions at the finish: The televisions behind the finish didn’t work well. After the race it is easy to walk to the buses. But for written press it’s impossible to go the podium because the road is closed for press-badges. Only NOS-badgets are allowed to pass. This has to change.
- Pressroom: Very big tent with enough places. Enough television screens to follow the race. After the race there started next to the pressroom a party therefor it was too noisy in the pressroom to follow the pressconference and to work.
- Distance Pressroom – Finish: Perfect. There are not many races where the pressroom is so close to the finish.
- Distance Finish – Teams buses: No problem.
- Internet: The internet was fast. Some journalists said they had problem with it because it felled out several times.
- Information about the race in the Pressroom: You could follow the live ticker on the website and also the race on television on a big screen.
- Results: OK
- Food or drinks at or near the Pressroom: Enough drinks, soup and sandwiches.
- Press conference: Professional press conference with the participation of the complete podium. Good translations done by Luuc Eisenga. Time enough to ask your questions. But there was too much noice because next to the pressroom there was a party going on.
- Amount of professional and non-professional journalists: Bennie Ceulen is the press officer. He works very professional.
Other points: Just like in 2014 some photographers complained that the wife of Cor Vos is working at the press department to give the photographers their passes and accesses.