From: Raymond Kerckhoffs
Country: The Netherlands (De Telegraaf)
Conclusion: Excellent conditions! These races are an example for a lot of organisations.
- Information on website: Very professional sites with up to date information about the races.
- Accreditation: Accreditation system works without problems. Former cyclingjournalist Yves Perret is the presschief and he exactly knows how we have to work. Some other European cyclingjournalists work at the media-department of the organisatie in that week.
- Indication to Accreditationcentre: Good indicated.
- Live-ticker of the race: Is ok!
- Workingconditions at start: Perfect. No busses so it’s very easy to talk with all the riders you want.
- Workingconditions at finish: No problems.
- Pressroom: Perfect. An example for a lot of races.
- Distance Pressroom – Finish. I think it’s not possible to have a pressroom closer to the finish as in Quebec and Montreal.
- Distance Finish – busses of the Teams. There are no busses, so it’s very easy to find the riders next to the teamleaderscars directly behind the finish.
- Internet: It worked good. Fast enough!
- Information about race in Pressroom: You could follow the live ticker on the site. And you could follow the race on television on a big screen. And the Tour-radio was also in the pressroom.
- Results: Ok
- Food or drinks at or near Pressroom: Perfect. Good lunch-boxes. Even in the VIP-area the journalists were allowed to have some food.
- Pressconference; Professional pressconferences with the first three riders of the race.
- Amount of proffesional and non-professional journalist: No problem!